There was an error in this gadget

Sunday, January 11, 2009

First photo on my blog

Here I am with my Christmas Tree wall hanging. I was on my way to my friend's house to do some sewing together when I saw my neighbor. I wanted to show her what I had done and she took of picture of me with my work. I'm in the hall leading to the storage area below our apartment building where I have my bike.

I made this Christmas Tree in my quilting class. It is completely done with the hand. At the point in the picture, I had just sandwiched the layers together, but hadn't started quilting it yet. This was sometime in the beginning of December. It should have been finished in time to hang up for the holidays, but alas, it wasn't. I'm still working on it. Just the finishing touches now. It's quilted and bound. Only needs to have the little bells sewn on to the bottom of the light triangles and then put a label on it. When it's complete, I'll add a final picture before I put it away to await Christmas.

I'm also at the finishing stage of the Friendship Star quilt for my grandson. I only have to finish sewing the binding and adding a label and it's finished. Hope to get in the mail tomorrow. His birthday is January 15th but it won't arrive in Texas in time. I'll add a picture of it as well when it's finished.

So, now it's time to get back to my quilting. See you in the next installment.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Karen.

    This is my blog address.
    Nothing on it yet but there will be soon.

    http://angelikagroen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete