There was an error in this gadget

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Still no pictures

I'm so new at this blogging business it took me some time to figure out how to place another entry on my blog. LOL I hope if you are reading this, you'll have patience with me and come back again when there is something to see.

My good friend, Angelika, is coming over tonight since our quilting lesson was canceled and we will be finishing up our Christmas wall hanging. Obviously, neither of us got it finished in time. I only have to sew the binding on it and some bells on the front. Not sure it will be finished tonight, but I'll get a good start on finishing it.

The other quilt I'm working on is one for my darling grandson, Michael. He will be 8 on January 15. He lives in the US and it takes almost 2 weeks for a package to arrive there from The Netherlands, so needless to say, it won't be in Texas in time for his birthday. I'm almost finished tying it and then have to bind it. The 12 friendship stars were received from an exchange on my Yahoo group, Quilting For All. I asked for bright colors with a black background. When my hubby and I were in Texas in September, my grandson went with me to the quilt shop and he picked out the backing fabric and the sashing and inner border. I spoke to him recently and was excited that his quilt was nearly finished. I'm just disappointed I didn't get it finished in time. I'll take a picture of the quilt and make a card out of it and send it to him, so he'll have something in his hands while he's waiting for the mailman to deliver his special "made by grandmother"quilt. This will be my first completed quilt. (Not counting the little thing I put together 25 years ago for my youngest son. He would carry my nightgown around the house, so I decided to make it into a "quilt". It did have all the features, a top, a batting and a back. I just cut the gown into the biggest piece I could get and bought some blue fabric to back it and tied it together and blanket stitched the edges. He carried that thing around forever, calling it his blanket and gown. I'll have to ask him if he still has it. I'd love to see it after all these years.)

No comments:

Post a Comment