There was an error in this gadget

Monday, January 19, 2009

Like I Need Another Project

Well, I've pretty much decided to start yet another project. At least this is a long term project and not expected to be completed anytime soon. The quilt shop in Amsterdam, The Birdblock, just started a Sylvia's Bridal Sampler Quilt Club and like an idiot, I decided to join. We will be meet every two weeks on Wednesday morning. This means a train ride to Amsterdam for me which costs 9 Euros, so it can get a bit expensive, what with fabric and train ticket twice a month. I'll do my best to use my stash and only buy when I absolutely have to. I have almost finished one block. We won't necessarily be working on the same block. Each person has their own patterns and chooses their own blocks to make. We'll just be together to encourage each other and ask questions if needed and just plain old woman talk. Should be a lot of fun. This quilt will be hand pieced and hand quilted (probably). Here's a scan of my first block, Sarah's Favorite, G-7. Gonna need a little stretching to fit I think. It measured only 6" in the middle and it should be 6 1/2".

In the meantime, I've finished the Christmas Tree wall hanging and the quilt for my grandson. Pictures coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment