There was an error in this gadget

Monday, February 23, 2009

I'm Bad, I Know

I have been doing a whole lot of nothing lately. I'm WAAAAYYY behind on my Maker's Choice blocks for my Yahoo group and the Pot Holder Exchange deadline is staring me in the face and I haven't even started those. I have managed to get a little sewing done though. I had my quilt lesson last week and we learned a new technique. We are making little Easter chickens from 2 log cabin blocks. Even though I've seen the little chickens, I still can't quite get my head wrapped around the idea of how they go together. I'm almost finished with the blocks and will have to wait another 3 weeks to finish the little darling. At least, this will be finished in time to display for Easter. I'm also a bit behind in the cushion top also for my quilt lesson. The other two ladies had their tops finished, while I only have a small section finished. I'll have to get working on that too. In the meantime, last Wednesday, I also had my Sylvia's Bridal Sampler Club meeting in Amsterdam. I worked on one block and it's not yet finished either, so nothing to show you photo wise. I'm still looking for me a camera, so I have to rely on either the scanner or hubby's camera. I'll have photos soon.

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Two More SBS Blocks Completed



Here are the next two Sylvia's Bridal Sampler Blocks I've made. Below is Shoo-Fly A-2 and on the right is Wedding Ring C-2. I joined a Yahoo group that is specifically for the Sylvia's Bridal Sampler Quilt and they do a challenge each month. I joined too late for the January Challenge, but the February Challenge just started when I joined and this challenge is to complete 9 blocks that are in the 2 category, ie, A-2, B-2, C-2, etc. I had just finished the Wedding Ring block when I joined, so it can count and I had already planned to do the Shoo-Fly, so I was already ahead so to speak. I have cut out and marked the seam lines for Milky Way D-2, so it will be the next to be completed. One of the ladies in my SBS club in Amsterdam emailed me with the rest of the 2 blocks, so I will have plenty to choose from. I seriously doubt I will complete the challenge, but that's ok, I'm not REALLY trying to. If I do, I do, if I don't, I don't. Lyn's butterfly quilt and the cushion for my quilt lessons are the priorities, as well as the Maker's Choice blocks and potholders from QuiltingForAll Yahoo group. I have been able to make some good progress on Lyn's quilt. I'm sewing the last strip of the pieced border and will add a purple border and then see what kind of border I can come up with to make it a little longer before I add the last butterfly fabric border and then I'll be ready to quilt it. I won't post any pictures here until Lyn has received it. I don't want to take the chance that she might stumble on this site and see it before hand.

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Looking for my Own Camera

I've been looking at cameras these past few days. I've decided I need my own camera to take photos of my quilts and things instead of using my husband's camera. Sure, his camera takes nice photos, but I have to ask him to upload my photos to my quilting folder and it's not always done in my time frame, so I'm normally waiting on him. Therefore, I don't have the photos to post here when I want them. Not sure what I want. It doesn't have to be fancy, just enough pixels to get a good picture of the details, etc . I'll keep you all posted as to what I finally buy.

Over the weekend, I got most of the 2nd border sewed on to my daughter's butterfly quilt. It's a large applique butterfly center panel, with 1st border as 1 in. border, 2nd border is hst's not sure what size, 3rd border is also 1 in. and the final border is a wide strip of butterfly print fabric 6in. The finished size of this quilt is 50in. square and I've decided I want it bigger, so I'm going to increase the size of the 3rd border to 2in., add some other pieced border to the top and bottom to make it rectangular, probably add another small border of 1 to 2in. and end it with the butterfly print border. I'm now looking for something to do for that extra top and bottom border.