There was an error in this gadget

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Two More SBS Blocks Completed



Here are the next two Sylvia's Bridal Sampler Blocks I've made. Below is Shoo-Fly A-2 and on the right is Wedding Ring C-2. I joined a Yahoo group that is specifically for the Sylvia's Bridal Sampler Quilt and they do a challenge each month. I joined too late for the January Challenge, but the February Challenge just started when I joined and this challenge is to complete 9 blocks that are in the 2 category, ie, A-2, B-2, C-2, etc. I had just finished the Wedding Ring block when I joined, so it can count and I had already planned to do the Shoo-Fly, so I was already ahead so to speak. I have cut out and marked the seam lines for Milky Way D-2, so it will be the next to be completed. One of the ladies in my SBS club in Amsterdam emailed me with the rest of the 2 blocks, so I will have plenty to choose from. I seriously doubt I will complete the challenge, but that's ok, I'm not REALLY trying to. If I do, I do, if I don't, I don't. Lyn's butterfly quilt and the cushion for my quilt lessons are the priorities, as well as the Maker's Choice blocks and potholders from QuiltingForAll Yahoo group. I have been able to make some good progress on Lyn's quilt. I'm sewing the last strip of the pieced border and will add a purple border and then see what kind of border I can come up with to make it a little longer before I add the last butterfly fabric border and then I'll be ready to quilt it. I won't post any pictures here until Lyn has received it. I don't want to take the chance that she might stumble on this site and see it before hand.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice Karen you do lovely work
    Hugs Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great work! I am also working on that quilt now and then... I am sure having a support group is really helping!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete