There was an error in this gadget

Thursday, March 26, 2009

March is nearly over and I haven't accomplished much

March is nearly over and what have I done. Not much. Bare with me if I am repeating myself in some of ramblings.

I'm part of a Maker's Choice block exchange on my Yahoo group, Quilting For All. Two names are pulled from hat and we have the whole month to make the two blocks. I got behind in the beginning of the year and frantically tried to get my head above the water and get the January and February blocks done. Well, got them done, but now, I still need to do the March ones. And..... I signed up for the potholder exchange too and that was due the 15th of March and I haven't finished those yet either. What a procrastinator I am. Well, I can't say that is totally true where the potholders are involved. I was working diligently on one and every time I tried to free movement quilt the last of the 4 squares, I kept thinking it was beautifully done to turn it over and it was full of loops. I'm going to make a new bobbin and try it again. Today, either way, I'll make the potholders for the other person. I have promised 2 potholders to 2 people. I also have to make 2 MC blocks. I already have the fabric and the blocks chosen, so it's just a matter of cutting and sewing. Should be able to have that done this weekend.

And then there is darling daughter's butterfly quilt that should have been finished for her birthday, March 5. I don't know what I was thinking when I thought a 50"X 50" quilt would fit my 5'11" daughter as a nice lap/snuggle quilt. I am now trying to figure out how to make it at least 10" longer. I'm going to repeat the inner border which will add 6" so I'm almost there. Just have dig around and find the fabric. I have the pink and the turquoise, I just have to find the batik I used. I have found another batik that is similar, so if I don't have any of the other left over, this other one will work just as well. Might even use it anyway. And of course, by increasing the size of the original quilt, that means I don't have enough of the last border. I bought it locally and they don't have it anymore. I have been able to find a shop on the internet that carries it, so I can order it. I'm just not sure about the choice now. Once I have gotten the inner part of the quilt put together, it is quite bright and the butterfly fabric I chose for the final border is quite light in comparison. I bought a fat quarter of another butterfly fabric I like and it might work, but I feel it may be too dark. I did as well find this fabric on the internet, so either way, I'll be able to order the border fabric. I'll wait until I go to Amsterdam again and ask Merel at the Birdblock which fabric she thinks is best, then I'll order it.

As if I didn't have enough on my plate with the quilting projects, my husband, Marco, and I have been going to The Elf Fantasy Fair for the past 4 or 5 years and I've always wanted to make myself a costume. My good friend, Angelika, and her husband and daughter have been going with us for the last 2 (I think). Angelika bought herself a dress at the first one, made her daughter, Wendie, a dress and I bought me a skirt and managed to put together a costume. We decided to make our own costumes for this year and Angelika has been busy making a new costume for Wendie, a shirt for her husband, Edwin, as well as a new costume for herself. She just finished Wendie's costume yesterday and Edwin's shirt is nearly finished. Her costume is as well nearly finished. And what have I done, yesterday, I got the waistband sewed on and put the elastic in. Then I pinned up the hem, so I'm almost finished with the underskirt. I still have to cut out and sew the over skirt, the blouse, and the vest. I hope I get it finished in time for the Fair, the end of April.

And then there is Sylvia's Bridal Sampler quilt. Even though this is a VERY long term project, I want to keep up with my SBS club that meets every two weeks in Amsterdam. I told them I wouldn't be able to come for at least the month of March and now probably not even for April so that I have the time to finish my costume. I know Merel was only joking when she said I had to do my homework, but I do want to have 3 blocks finished and the next block cut out when I start back in May.

And one last thing. I bought me a camera yesterday!!! It's a little Kodak that I think will be just what I need. It was already on sale for 99 Euros and I still had 20 Euros of gift cards, so I only paid 79 Euros which is what I wanted to pay in the first place. I haven't tried it out yet because it just got off the charger when I went to bed last night and I haven't looked at it yet today. I'll take a few pictures and post them here when I can.

That's all folks. See you next time. I hope I have more finished projects for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment