There was an error in this gadget

Monday, March 2, 2009

What I've been up to last month.



Here are the projects I've been working and the progress I've made on them in February. The first picture is of Milky Way, D2, for Sylvia's Bridal Sampler. That gives me a grand total of 4 of the 140 blocks. March's challenge for my Yahoo SBS group is a bit easier this month. Jan. and Feb. were both 9 blocks and I never even came close to getting that number. March will be only 5, so maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to meet the challenge or at least come close. We are choosing 5 blocks from either the number 3 blocks (March is the 3rd month) or any of the M blocks (March begins with M). I've already made a list of all the possibilities as well as which ones I have a pattern for or that I think I might be able to figure out on my own. I'm considering Bright Hopes (A3), Bowtie(F3), Sarah's Choice (H3), Dutchman's Puzzle (I3), Churn Dash (K3), Wild Geese (M2), Ohio Star(M5), King David's Crown (M9), and Clay's Choice (N3). Plenty to keep me busy for the month along with my other on-going projects.
The next photo is a partial scan of my cushion top I'm making in my quilting class. You can actually see most of the top, just a bit was cut off in the scan. I'm also including a drawing of the cushion pattern so you know what it will look like when it's finished. I'll do the large pieces in all sides in the same pink as the points in the photo to the right, the points will be the light green and the squares will also be pink. The back of the cushion will be pink.













The last picture of this post is my log cabin block that I have made two of. They will be sewn together and filled to make an Easter chicken. I'm still a little unsure how to finish it off, but we will do that in the next quilt lesson. I have red and yellow felt to make the nose and the comb and on the back, the tail will be prairie points. (Edited post) I finally uploaded the picture of my Easter chicken, so I have deleted the photo I got from the web showing how it should look. You can now see my Easter Chick.

1 comment:

  1. Love all your blocks. I love the blue in the first one!
    I have not made a log cabin block yet. I hope to this week. I made a couple pinwheels but not variations yet. Great job

    ReplyDelete