There was an error in this gadget

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Beginning of April and my illustrious plans for the month.

Ok, maybe if I put it in writing, I have to accomplish all I say I WANT to accomplish. LOL Like that will help Mrs. Procrastinator.
  1. Since I am missing 3 meetings of my Sylvia's Bridal Sampler (SBS) club in Amsterdam, I want to have 3 blocks finished by the time I return the beginning of May. That should be doable.
  2. I have 3 MC blocks to do. Two from March and one final block for April. That will be done this weekend without a doubt.
  3. I'd like to get all the triangles cut out for the additional border for DDs butterfly quilt. That won't be a problem either.
  4. Actually, at the top of the list should be my costume for the Elf Fantasy Fair. Yesterday, I got the under skirt finished and cut out the over skirt. Should be able to finish that this weekend as well with the MC blocks.
  5. For the rest of the month, just work on my star quilt for my quilt lesson, the quilting on the pillow cushion and sewing the triangles together for DDs quilt. That should be reasonable for the month. We'll see what I have accomplished on May 1.

New quilt lesson project

Last night Angelika and I had our quilt lesson. Didn't learn anything new but we started on a new project. It's a kind of kaleidoscope quilt/wall hanging I guess you'd say. There were 4 fabrics on the table to choose from. I'm the only one with my fabric because I chose first and there wasn't enough for two. I bought the rest of the bolt because I'd like to make mine bigger than the wall hanging. This will be my snuggle quilt for on the couch so I've got some time to finish it since it's beginning to get warm and I won't be needing a blanket anymore for a while. I'm going to take a picture of the full width of the fabric so you can see what I'm starting with. The idea is to trace 8 exactly the same diamond shapes from the fabric and make them into a star. For the wall hanging, you need 20 different stars. The challenge is to "find" as many different stars as possible. This is a scan of my first star. The bottom half is already sewn together, but the top half is just laying there unsewn.