There was an error in this gadget

Thursday, April 2, 2009

New quilt lesson project


Last night Angelika and I had our quilt lesson. Didn't learn anything new but we started on a new project. It's a kind of kaleidoscope quilt/wall hanging I guess you'd say. There were 4 fabrics on the table to choose from. I'm the only one with my fabric because I chose first and there wasn't enough for two. I bought the rest of the bolt because I'd like to make mine bigger than the wall hanging. This will be my snuggle quilt for on the couch so I've got some time to finish it since it's beginning to get warm and I won't be needing a blanket anymore for a while. I'm going to take a picture of the full width of the fabric so you can see what I'm starting with. The idea is to trace 8 exactly the same diamond shapes from the fabric and make them into a star. For the wall hanging, you need 20 different stars. The challenge is to "find" as many different stars as possible. This is a scan of my first star. The bottom half is already sewn together, but the top half is just laying there unsewn.

1 comment:

  1. I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.so you also can read my blog.my blog is about
    air shox,nike air force and UGG.welcome to visit.

    ReplyDelete