There was an error in this gadget

Sunday, June 7, 2009

It's June and what have I done or not done??


I'm really not very good at blogging. I am ashamed when I look at the date of my last post. I"m also ashamed that I haven't accomplished all that I set out to do. Well, we did have a little mini vacation tucked in there so that's a very small part of the reason. So, back to the question of what I've done since the last posting.

The costume got finished enough. I still haven't made the blouse that goes with the costume, but I was able to wear a blouse I already have, so I was pleased with that. My friend, Angelika, and I will be doing some more sewing to make the costumes even better for the Castle Fest in August. Hopefully, I'll have the blouse finished by then. Here's a photo of Angelika, Wendie and me at the Elf Fantasy Fair with our costumes. I've also got to redo my vest. It didn't hold up well over the whole day. Will add some inner facing to make it thicker.

I have managed to put together 14 stars for the star quilt in my quilting lesson/group. That includes the star itself as seen in an earlier post with pink checked squares and triangles to finish it into a square. I figured I need about 35 to make this into a nice lap quilt for myself.

I have done nothing so to speak on my SBS quilt. I went to one club gathering the week after our vacation and I'll be going back again this coming Wednesday. The block I was working on at the last gathering is still stuck between the pages of the book. I had problems with the sizes of the pieces. I used paper as a template and cut around that with my rotary cutter. Big mistake. I was constantly cutting a sliver of the paper off and thus the pieces were becoming smaller and smaller, so they didn't fit. It was also recommended that I use a different green, so I have to recut those pieces as well. Guess I'd better get busy with the recutting of these pieces so I have something to work on on Wednesday.

I STILL haven't found the batik fabric I used for half of the block border for DD's butterfly quilt. I'm sure I have some left over, I just have to look AGAIN through my boxes of stash and find it. In the meantime, though, I can cut the pink and turquoise triangles out and be one step ahead when I do find the batik or buy some more if I can find the same pattern.

The pillow is still unfinished. I don't have a lot of quilting left on it, so I really need to stop the other projects for the moment and finish it. It's fast become a UFO which is a pity since it's such a nice looking pillow top and it's ALMOST finished.

I did manage to get all the blocks done for the Maker's Choice exchange in my Yahoo quilting group, but that had a deadline, so I felt more compelled to finish that than the others.

So that's it from me for now. Pictures will follow when I've taken them and upload them from my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment