There was an error in this gadget

Monday, March 29, 2010

Fabric for Hayden's quilt


Found this pre-printed panel at the market last week. I was hoping to find the same fabric in pink which I already have. When I bought the pink fabric, I had the intention of only making 2 quilts, one for my friend's granddaughter and one for my great-niece, Lyla Grace Hudson. That would have been fine and dandy but then I found out the sex of my son's baby. It's a girl, so I needed another easy pink quilt. I went to the market and found this blue. It's exactly the same as the pink. The only difference will be the backing fabric. The pink ones are backed with the stripes you can see in the panel and the blue one will be backed with the pretty flowers. The green will be the binding. I just need to go and buy the other quilting foot for my sewing machine. The one that transports the fabric from the top as well. When I was machine quilting the other one, there were a few puckers here and there because it didn't go evenly under the foot. It still turned out nice but I wasn't completely pleased with the outcome, so before I do another machine quilt, I'll have to buy that foot.

No comments:

Post a Comment