I am taking on no more commitments until I have finished the ones I have at this moment. First and foremost are the 4 remaining blocks for my QuiltingforAll Yahoo group. After that, I have several baby quilts and the quilts for each of my 3 children. I have put this off too long. I'm posting here my To Do List:
1. 4 Maker's Choice blocks for QuiltingforAll Yahoo group
2. Zoe's baby quilt needs to be finished by her 2nd bday in February
3. Lyn's butterfly quilt that I hope to finish in time for her birthday in March
4. Hayden's baby quilt (one of two to be completed for her birthday)
5. Travis' quilt for his bday in April
6. Wyatt's baby quilt for his bday in May
7. Will and Holly's wedding quilt for their anniversary in September
8. Joe's quilt for his bday in November
Besides the above quilts, I have fabric for a quilt for Samantha and a second quilt for Lyla. I've also got squares for a quilt for myself as well as a star quilt I started in my quilting class but didn't get finished. My hope is to finish all of these quilts in 2011.
Saturday, January 8, 2011
This is Ginger guarding the quilt blocks for Angelika's quilt. If you have been to Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville site, you are probably already familiar with "leaders and enders" as well as "crumbs". These blocks are called crumb blocks because they are made with tiny pieces, crumbs, of fabric. I have been working on these blocks since around August 2008. The final quilt will be going to my friend, Angelika. She knows all about it, so it's no surprise, she doesn't know when she'll be getting it. I make these squares as leaders and enders while working on other sewing or quilting projects, so they are going kind of slow right now, since I haven't been sewing or quilting for a while. Last night though, I made two blocks (see other blog post) for my Yahoo group exchange and was able to make nine 3 1/2 inch crumb blocks. I'll sew four of these blocks together to make one block like the ones in this photo. I'm not really sure how many blocks I need for the quilt but I think I'm pretty close to having enough for a personal size quilt or a wall hanging. I'm ready to pick the other fabrics for the finished quilt and start putting it together.