There was an error in this gadget

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Crumb blocks

This is Ginger guarding the quilt blocks for Angelika's quilt. If you have been to Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville site, you are probably already familiar with "leaders and enders" as well as "crumbs". These blocks are called crumb blocks because they are made with tiny pieces, crumbs, of fabric. I have been working on these blocks since around August 2008. The final quilt will be going to my friend, Angelika. She knows all about it, so it's no surprise, she doesn't know when she'll be getting it. I make these squares as leaders and enders while working on other sewing or quilting projects, so they are going kind of slow right now, since I haven't been sewing or quilting for a while. Last night though, I made two blocks (see other blog post) for my Yahoo group exchange and was able to make nine 3 1/2 inch crumb blocks. I'll sew four of these blocks together to make one block like the ones in this photo. I'm not really sure how many blocks I need for the quilt but I think I'm pretty close to having enough for a personal size quilt or a wall hanging. I'm ready to pick the other fabrics for the finished quilt and start putting it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment