There was an error in this gadget

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Too Ambitious??

I don't know if I'm being too ambitious with my plans for the rest of the month of December, but here they are. As you may know if you've been following this blog, I have SEVERAL unfinished quilts to complete as well as SEVERAL promised quilts to start and finish. My goal for the rest of December is to complete 3 baby quilts and one child's quilt. The baby quilts are for Wyatt, Rianne and Hugo. Rianne and Hugo live here in The Netherlands and Wyatt is my great nephew living in Colorado. The child's quilt is for my great niece, Caitlyn, who lives in Texas. Once these are finished, I still have my three children's quilts, Holly and Will's wedding quilt and my daughter-in-law, Samantha's quilt. That doesn't include that I'd like to make a quilt for my son-in-law, Mickey, as well. And while I'm at it, my nephew Jonathan is is getting married in June. I am making a signature quilt for them as a wedding gift. I still have to choose the layout and then cut the pieces that will be signed and prep them as well as make the display for the table at the reception.
To top this all off, I have to redo my sewing room so that I can easily sew/quilt the bigger quilts. I know what I want to do and should be able to get that done in a fairly short time. When Marco and I moved into this apartment in 2001, the previous occupant left us her "computer table". This consisted of a wooden file cabinet (now in my living room) topped with a white kitchen counter held up on the other side by a table leg. I think the table leg is long gone but the counter top is still out by our front door leaning against the wall. The plan is to get rid of the dining table that is now in the sewing room. I will buy 6 table legs to attach to the kitchen counter to make a long table. This will go against one wall and I'll put my sewing machine on one end and have the rest to be used in some way that I haven't yet thought of. I have SEVERAL plastic containers of fabric and magazines and such that can be stored under this table. on the opposite wall, I will put the bookcase which is now in the room and buy another bookcase to match it. I also have downstairs in storage and big piece of shelving that we had in our old apartment. I'll cut that down to size and use it as my cutting table, so I'll need to buy 4 table legs for this too. Once this is done, the room should be fairly efficient and clean. There will be lots of stuff thrown away or given away.

No comments:

Post a Comment