There was an error in this gadget

Friday, June 28, 2013

Lane's quilt

Lane is the son of my niece, Liesl Hudson. Liesl is Paul's oldest daughter and Lane is her second child. He's going to be 1 in a couple of days, so I had better get busy with his quilt. Here's a picture of it from the magazine. 
And here's a picture of the first street block. 
I'm working on another set of street blocks now. I don't like the fussy work involved in zig-zagging the white lane markers to the gray fabric. I'll be happy when these are done. I am making some modifications to the pattern of the quilt. First being that I am making each house different. Second being (I hope) to include some other buildings, ie, school, church, police and fire stations. I haven't found the block patterns yet but I have seen a couple that may work. Then the fun will come when I have to change the street pieces to accommodate the new blocks. Should this not happen, I'll just use the original layout with the different colored houses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment